2014 National Barista Champs October 15 2014
Date : 5 - 7 November
Venue : Sandton Convention Centre
Schedule - Click Here
The countdown to the 2014 National Barista Champs has started, and we cannot wait. If you got an opportunity to watch any of the Regional competitions you will know that the competition this year is fierce.
On the 5th of November baristas from around the country will meet up in Johanneburg at the IFEA convention - Sandton Convention Centre. From the 5th - 7th November baristas will compete in their categories to see who will take Craig Charity's spot as number 1 barista in South Africa, and head out to Seattle for the World Barista Champs in 2015.
So to catch you up, here are the baristas who will be competing in this years National Barista Champs.
1. Gerald Charles - Rock and Roller Coffee Culture
2. David Coleman - More Flavour SA
3. Rodrick Nzirainengwe - Union Hand Roasted
4. Romeo Chimunya - Bean There Coffee Company
5. Ken Machenge - Tribe Coffee
6. Wezo Sithonga - Buitenverwagting
1. Phumlani Sibeko
2. Ishan Natalie
3. Sipho Mabaso
4. Matt Carter
5. Casper Ncube
6. Dale Fienberg
1. Dirk Maritz (Famous Brands)
2. Azhar Khan (Continental Bakery and Deli)
3. Travis Scott (TriBeCa/Woolworths Cafe)
4. Wency Masawi (Nino's)
5. Musa Magubane (Lineage Coffee)
6. Chris Stander (Protea Hotel Karridene)
1. Byron Keet - Urban Espress Coffee Co
2. Mike Chizeya - Tribecca Woolworths
3. Sisa Mapetu - Hand Roasted Coffee’s
4. Luyanda - Radisson Blu Hotel
5. Lennox - Tribecca Woolworths
6. Lizo - Boardwalk Sun International Hotel
We will be sharing the schedule for the weekend as soon as it comes out, and will include Latte Art and Manual Brewer competitors.
For tickets to the event click here.