Gauteng's Top Barista - Johnson Sehoro March 01 2015
*Image Credit | ©TheCoffeeMag/Winter
The past weekend has been hugely exciting in Gauteng. THe first regional coffee competition of the year kicked off at the Homemakers Expo in Joburg. Baristas from all over Gauteng joined together as they competed over 3 days for the title of Gauteng Barista Champ. But as in all competitions there can only be 1.
Ladies and gentlemen, the 2015 Gauteng Barista Champ is Johnson Sehoro of Ciro Beverage Solutions.
The top 6 baristas in Gauteng are...
1. Johnson Sehoro Ciro Beverage Solutions
2. Phumlani Sibeko Famous Brands
3. Sipho Mabaso Nino's Group
4. Alicia Bulter Molecular Bars
5. Cheryl-lyn Selman Bean There Coffee Company
6. Zuluboy Zwane Famous Brands
Latte Art Champs...
1. Emmanuel Chimkoko
2. Sibusiso Ncube
Cup Tasters Champs...
1. Debbie King Stil Coffee
2. Jono Robinson Bean There Coffee Company
Congratulations to all the baristas who competed. It is such a privilege having such passionate men and women taking part. To all our sponsors, a huge thank you for your continued support as we endeavour to grow the speciality coffee industry in South Africa.